In Russia,Bauxite is an impure mixture of aluminous minerals. There are four basic grades of bauxite- Chemical grade pureness is 55-58%, Abrasive grade pureness is 55%, Refractory grade pureness is 59-61% and Metallurgical grade pureness is 50-55%. Typically, bauxites are classified according to their intended commercial application, such as metallurgical, abrasive, cement, chemical and refractory.
In Russia, unlike the base metal ores, bauxite does not require complex processing because most of the bauxite mined is of an acceptable grade or can be improved by a relatively simple and inexpensive process of removing clay. In many bauxites, clay is removed by some combination of washing, wet screening and cycloning, even by hand picking or sorting.
In the bauxite grinding plant, aluminum ore begins with crushing and grinding to 1-2 inch particles and wet screening, to remove some silica fines, which are generally present with bauxite.Often,the bauxite ultrafine mill will play an important role in the bauxite processing.
- 1.High efficiency.Under the same final size and power, the product capacity of ultrafine mill is twice than jet mill and agitation mill.
- 2. Longer lifetime of spare parts.The roller and ring are made of special material, which improve the grinding efficiency a lot. For same material and final size, the lifetime of its wearing parts can reach to more than one year, about 2-5 times as long as that of vertical shaft impact crusher and turbo-mill. Especially when handling calcium carbonate and calcite, the lifetime can reach 2-5 years.
- 3. High safety and reliability.There are no rolling bearings and bolts in grinding cavity, so problems caused by bolts shedding or wear of bearings and seal components will never happen.
- 4. High fineness of products.The product fineness can reach D97≤5 micron.
- 5. Pro-environment.The application of pulse dust collector and muffler reduce the pollution and noise of the dust, which has reached national environment protection standard.
Using high alumina bauxite sand（powder）as the surface layer refractory in the silica sol shell molding, and controlling the powder and liquid ratio between 2.5 and 2.8, the carbon steel and low alloy steel castings obtained have the similar surface roughness and dimensional accuracy to that with zircon sand（powder）surface layer. It can significantly reduce cost and conserve resources.