Overview of the flotation of quartz sand
In front of the quartz sand flotation, you usually need to scrub, desliming and magnetic separation method to remove iron minerals, then carries on the flotation.To wipe the iron oxide film on the surface of the quartz,we should making strong stirring in the thick slurry before flotation, and then use fatty acid collector removal of iron ore minerals. Finally, the material in the groove is the quartz concentrate.
Eight types floatation process of quartz sand
The composition of quartz sand is more complex,which in addition to iron ore, and mica, feldspar, clay minerals and so on. According to different composition, quartz sand of flotation process can be divided into the following eight types.
- float the mica first, and then ore minerals, finally float the feldspar. With sulfuric acid slurry PH adjustment to the first 3 ~ 4, use amine as flotation collector for mica.Then with hydrochloric acid slurry PH adjustment to 4 ~ 5, use sulfonated oil as flotation collector for ore minerals.Finally with hydrogen fluoride acid adjust the PH to 2 ~ 3, using amine as the flotation collector as feldspar.Quartz output in the form of tailings.
- In the float order of ore minerals, mica and feldspar. Using the order of the collector is sulfonated oil – amine – amine.
- In the float order of ore minerals and then feldspar.The tailings is quartz concentrate. It is suitable for mica with lower content of mica quartz sand.
- Only floating of iron ore, tailings for quartz concentrate.With tall oil as collector, with sodium carbonate to adjust PH to 8 ~ 9, after the flotation of iron ore, tailings is quartz.In the absence of on mica and feldspar ore,or ore containing less feldspar, there is no need for separation, using this simple process is good.
- Including feldspar is large in the quartz sand, adjust the PH of the pulp to 7 ~ 8 use fatty acid as collector, after the flotation of iron ore minerals, feldspar, and hydrogen fluoride acid and amine flotation is finally in the slurry PH 7 ~ 8, with amine flotation collector quartz.
- Adjust the PH of the pulp 6 to 7 ~ 8, with sulfonated oil to iron ore flotation, and then in the slurry PH of 7 ~ 8, with amine flotation of quartz. None of this scheme is applicable to raw material feldspar, or its content is very few, it is not necessary to separate.
- With amine collector, quartz and feldspar, mixed flotation separation of mixed concentrate feldspar and hydrogen fluoride acid and amine flotation .Tailings is quartz concentrate.
- After iron content,begin the flotation of mixed feldspar and quartz. It is suitable for quartz sand with high iron of .